This colorful meat salad makes a festive summer entree. Try it stuffed in a pita pocket for a tasty sandwich while enjoying the great outdoors!
- 1 lb rare roast beef or steak, thinly sliced
- 1 (11 oz) can Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1 sweet red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 4 c baby leaf spinach
- 1 c fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine meat strips, Mandarin oranges, onion and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, lime juice, salt and cumin. Pour over meat mixture and stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to marinade.
- Wash spinach thoroughly. Allow to dry. Stem parsley and combine with spinach.
- To serve, combine and toss together greens and meat mixture so that marinade coats greens.
- Makes about 6 servings.