Gently steam your fresh tail-on shrimp and add the zesty sauce for a quick and easy picnic food. The sauce adds a wonderfully spicy, citrus flavor to the sweet, mild taste of the shrimp. Eat it by itself or add it to a variety of salads or sandwiches.
- ½ c canola oil
- ½ c lime juice
- ½ c sweet red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced with the peel on
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dill weed
- 1/8 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 pounds medium or large shrimp, steamed, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except shrimp until well mixed.
- Stir in shrimp until well coated.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove shrimp from marinade before serving.
- Makes about 2 dozen.