Whether you’re on a day-hike, building a bonfire on the beach, or setting up in your back garden, it only takes a few special touches to turn your picnic into a special occasion, as well as creating picture perfect backgrounds for the all-important Instagram shots.
• Use sturdy plates, cups and utensils. There’s nothing worse than a soggy paper plate, or a cracked fork. If you eat outdoors frequently, buy good quality picnic items in bulk. Laminated paper plates are best, or invest in a set of lightweight plastic plates in bright colors.
• In addition to thick napkins, bring lots of wet wipes for instant, easy clean up.
• Use fluted plastic vessels for juice and wine to add an elegant touch to your picnic, and the all-American red solo cup for beer and water.
• Bring one good, sharp knife for general all around usage.
• Pack ice cubes in zip-lock bags. The ice will keep food items chilled until you are ready to eat, and the cubes can then be used in drinks. The zip lock bags can then be used to pack up anything to be brought back.
• Bring a colorful, easy to wash tablecloth, as a busy design will hide any spills. Alternatively, use a wipe able nylon table spread.
• Pick a few flowers or branches to decorate your picnic set up with.
•Pack an environmentally-friendly insect repellent to keep little visitors at bay.
• Don’t forget to pack a generous garbage bag for easy clean up.